Isnin, 20 Mei 2013

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


We Indians are a tolerant lot, OK?

Posted: 19 May 2013 04:01 PM PDT

I am an 4th generation Malaysian Indian, born and bred in this country. My great-grandfather came to Malaysia as a businessman in 1898. We have been in the rubber, tin, oil palm and real estate business.

I consider myself a patriotic Malaysian who loves the country. I used to stand up for the National Anthem (even when it sounded on TV!) during my school days. I volunteered to join the army medical corps as an army doctor serving in the jungles of Sabah and Sarawak.

Malays who came from Indonesia and Thailand, relatively recently, have become bumiputeras (sons of the soil) with special privileges. It's OK.

Malays say they are a superior race with superior religion. It's OK.

The Malays say "leave the country if you don't like the government". It's OK. I am not leaving.

Multi-racialThe Malays say their ancestors defeated the Chola and Paandya Empires and chased them out of the Malay peninsula. It's OK. I wasn't born then.

A Malay will serve beef when I go for a gathering (taboo to us Hindus), but I cannot serve pork in the presence of a Malay – it will become a national issue. It's OK. I respect their religion.

The Chinese have higher rates for goods and lower qualities of products for us Indians compared to their fellow Chinese. It's OK. There are not many Indian businesses anyway.

My so-called Chinese friends refuse to sell properties to me even if I am willing to pay a higher value because I am Indian. It's OK. I cannot force them anyway.

When my family enters a swimming pool, most of the Chinese (esp. the less educated) will scramble out of the pool – and I am not bad looking. It's OK. We can have the pool to ourselves. 

Read more at: http://uppercaise.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/malaysian-indians-a-tolerant-lot/ 

What could happen when a Malay boycotts Chinese products and services

Posted: 19 May 2013 03:18 PM PDT

Unless he lives in town where there are 24/7 24-hour convenience shops like 7-11, KFC and so on, he might find his local Malay shop closed on Friday afternoon; or during puasa month, he might find some shops closed for the month!

Thanks to Petronas, Malay owned or operated petrol stations are all over the place. But if he thinks the Chinese-operated Esso/Mobil stations should be boycotted, think again, they are slowly being renovated to show Petron, the name of the new owners, San Miguel, owned by Tun Dr Mahathir's son Mirzan. Similarly, Chinese-operated BHP stations are actually owned by Boustead which is controlled by LTAT.

In case he had a tyre puncture, chances are the nearest tyre shops which are likely to be open are run by Chinese. Of course, his car if under warranty might include a towing service provided by an authorised list of car service centres. He might have to inform the call-centre, that only a Malay serviceman is welcome to attend to him, definitely not a Chinese.

In case he is feeling ill, he has to go to the local government clinic or hospital. Again, with his deep-seated 'boycott Chinese' instilled in him, he might ask to be attend to by a Malay doctor. After treatment, he should insist on drugs manufactured by Malay pharmaceutical companies or more expensive imported drugs from the West.

Read more at: http://kosongcafe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/what-could-happen-when-malay-boycotts.html 

Kredit: www.malaysia-today.net

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Malaysia Today Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved