Sabtu, 7 Disember 2013

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


Psalm 23

Posted: 07 Dec 2013 01:26 PM PST

Nevertheless, how many Jews, Christians or Muslims would live by the ideals, standards and demands of Psalm 23? We would be lucky if we can find even 1% who do. To the rest of the 99%, Psalm 23 is merely lip service that has no place in their hearts.

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters,

He refreshes my soul.

He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 

That is actually the New International Version of Psalm 23 and there are roughly 50 different versions in all -- just for the English language alone. If other languages are added to this list then we are talking about hundreds of versions of Psalm 23. For example, some versions translate Even though I walk through the darkest valley as Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

Being Sunday and all that I thought today would be the best day to talk about what Muslims would call the 'Christian Talkin' -- what you read during a funeral or burial (although Psalm 23 did not start as a Talkin but later became one).

The Muslims would regard Psalm 23 as the basis of the Islamic akidah. And any Muslim who lacks akidah ceases to be a Muslim because the akidah is the foundation of the Muslim faith and hence the absence of akidah means the absence of faith.

Every Muslim would declare that he or she has akidah. To do otherwise would mean you are admitting that you do not have faith and thus would not be a Muslim. There is actually very little difference in the Jewish, Christian or Muslim view regarding akidah or faith.

Nevertheless, how many Jews, Christians or Muslims would live by the ideals, standards and demands of Psalm 23? We would be lucky if we can find even 1% who do. To the rest of the 99%, Psalm 23 is merely lip service that has no place in their hearts.

In short, 99% of the Jews, Christians and Muslims are not true Jews, Christians and Muslims. They lack akidah and hence are not true followers of their religion.

First, read what Psalm 23 says. Then try to understand the real meaning and implication of what you just read. Finally, do you really live your life according to the ideals, standards and demands of Psalm 23?

Most of you will say yes. I will contradict you and say no. And if you say yes that can only mean you do not really know what you just read.

I can go on and on and write ten pages of examples as to why I say most Jews, Christians and Muslims are not true Jews, Christians and Muslims. However, most of what I would say would be lost on you anyway and would be a total waste of time.

If I need to explain then you are ignorant to start off with. Anyone who is true to his or her faith would understand what I mean without the need for me to explain anything. Hence if you need to ask then you are already lost.

Psalm 23 is our operating system of sorts or owner's manual. It is to guide us on how we must think and do things. It is supposed to shape our heart and mind. Basically, Psalm 23 is what we are or supposed to be.

But most of us are far from that. We are not what Psalm 23 says we must be. Most times we are opposite to that.

Let us do just one test.

'Normal' Muslims will say Alhamdulillah (Praise to Allah) when good luck visits them. True Muslims with akidah and guided by Psalm 23 will say Alhamdulillah when bad luck visits them -- while 99% of Jews, Christians and Muslims will curse and swear when they do not get what they want or do not get what they think they deserve.

That one test alone and you have failed to meet the ideals, standards and demands of Psalm 23. So you are therefore not a true Jew, Christian or Muslim.

Still do not get what I am driving at? Then that is your problem, not mine.

 

Kredit: www.malaysia-today.net

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Malaysia Today Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved