Khamis, 11 Oktober 2012

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

Malaysia Today - Your Source of Independent News


Prove me wrong, Teresa

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 01:56 PM PDT

FMT LETTER: From Tan Tuan Tat, via e-mail

I refer to the FMT article, 'Ex-DAP man's criticism has Kok fuming'. Teresa Kok has messed up the Selangor administration due to her ineptitude and ignorance of grass roots sentiments and her failure to face up to controversial issues.

She is holding many positions and wearing too many hats and has lost her direction. Please allow me to to rebut her comments about me in the article point for point:

1  Kok said that I hardly knew anything about what she had done and how has performed since I was not in the Selangor DAP committee and the PR state government.

A politician who only cares for her cronies will not realise that others are watching what she's doing. Kok is wearing too many hats at parliamentary and state levels, including director for PKNS, SACC women's affairs and many GLCs. Recently she was attributed to another two positions. Obviously, national chairman Karpal's 1 man for 1 seat statement is lost on her.

2 Kok said ever since she helmed Selangor DAP, she had forged close working ties with all state committee and elected representatives.

I can prove to you that you are not doing that at all. How can this be? The elected committee took time to appoint the councillors and eventually what happened? Ronnie Liu amended the list so much so you had to shout at Ronnie in front of the Menteri Besar.

If you were so capable and competent, Lim Kit Siang need not have come to rescue of the five councillors who were dropped. I have evidence that 15 Klang branches had submitted a letter to the disciplinary committee and the committee contacted you, as state chairman, to seek an explanation.

Your reply was that the case was closed and no longer an issue. Irked by your response, the 15 branches appealed to the CEC and till today why has the CEC not responded? You are a CEC member. Why you are not performing your task as a leader?

Prove that you are the competent politician, and respect the call by the national chairman that all disciplinary cases must be settled before the next GE. Did you discuss with all the branch leaders in Klang before you reverted to disciplinary committee with your reply?

This proves you are trying to sweep the matter under the carpet and give the impression that you are very working with the top leaders and the elected committee. People are not stupid. They are discerning and that was one of the reason they changed the Selangor government.

3 "Tan has never been informed of these meetings and decisions because he is not a wakil rakyat, councillor or a state committee member. So on what ground he is making such accusations against me?" asked Kok.

Why should I be informed? I was a life member until Aug 16, 2012 when I resigned. I was not sacked as claimed by Kok and Tan Kok Wai. Taman Seri Sg Pelek branch vice chairman Manohar Sellan told Kok to get her statement right when he sent in his resignation letter. Tan Tuan resigned and was not sacked. How can DAP sack a member when he has already resigned?

I recall an incident where I sent a text to her forwarded a copy of the message to the MB about the state of affairs in Selangor. Kok was furious and said that I out to disgrace the party. I'm a tax payer and have every right to ask how and where public money is spent? Now I know the reason why she fumed…so much corruption, allegations, hypocrisy and lack of transparency.

Kok wants to look good before the MB and show him that DAP Selangor is strong and united but in fact she is covering up all the abuses in the party.

4 Kok asked what I knew about Kinrara when I rarely visited the area.

I do not have to visit areas in Selangor, especially Kinrara. She tends to forget one does not have to be at a certain place to receive information. She is too popular for the Kinrara people and I ask her why the banner criticising her was hung up?

The banner hung up by the residents read: "YB Teresa Kok The  Wonder Woman holding 7 post ….. RM… RM… RM ….now YB Press". She should ask herself as a god fearing person, is she doing her work entrusted by the people?

"You really disappoint us terribly and we are really fed-up with your tricks " – From Kinrara Voters. Why is she so jumpy over my statement? The truth hurts. Seven posts means lots of money into her pocket. Hopefully she uses it wisely.

5 Kok claimed that I had not been an active member in Selangor DAP and very few members knew me, except in Sepang and Kuala Langat.

I have no political agenda except to fight corruption and promote education. I do not need DAP to help me raise funds to support the poor and contribute knowledge to young schoolboys and girls. I'm a remisier and I have a wide clientele to help the poor. Kok said I'm not a wakil rakyat, a councillor or a DAP state committee member.

Unlike Kok, I know my boundries and work within my limits to pave road for DAP. The Sepang and Kuala Langat people, not necessarily members, know me well and that is sufficient for me. I have only one head and do not wish to wear many hats.

6 "I hardly knew this man even when he was in the party. He was only known by the people after being sacked due to forming phantom branches," said Kok.

Well, for a person to claims she hardly knows me, I'd like to remind Kok that in 2011, she called me for a lunch appointment during Chinese New Year. I took her to Ee P H Chinese restaurant. As usual she was fashionably late for the appointment. While waiting for the food to be served, Kok told me that YB Teng was not happy with her.

She tried to influence me but my immediate response was that it was matter between her and Teng and I did not want to be caught in the middle. Later she asked me about Lee Kee Hiong. Again I told her not bring her name up as she was a nobody to me. She was not even elected in the 2010 state convention, how can she be a committee member?

On the way into the restaurant few locals greeted her and asked, 'Are you Kok Su Shim in Mandarin? I responded yes she was, and she is now the Selangor state chairman.

After lunch, the boss of the restaurant and several others came to shake hands with her. Then I took her to visit  Mr Wong Chuan How's two older brothers in front of the restaurant where YB Teresa had parked the car. The two Uncles spoke to her for a while.

In 1996, when I was the publicity secretary and Kok was my assistant, she had helped me a lot as I was quite new in DAP. I always thanked her for her assistance. Now she claims she hardly knew me! Is her heart made of steel? She once told me that a person who has power will change. At that point in time I did not realise she was telling me indirectly about herself.

In 2010, I was appointed a state auditor, and in 2011 when we held a convention, she smsed me asking for favour to ferry enough delegates to meet the quorum. When she needs someone's help she will bow down but when she has achieved what she wants you are a nobody. This is YB Teresa Kok.

In another incident, she was conducting an AGM in 2011 at Bagan Lallang and many grass roots members complained about DUN 56. Again she was late for almost an hour.This made Jenice Lee upset over her punctuality. Instead of listening to the grass roots, Kok asked them," why you all got so much problems."

I raised my hand and wanted a chance to share the grass roots' predicaments. She acknowledged me and said, 'Yes, Tuan Tat'. I explained to her the issues and why there were so many problems. I told that from 2008 until now, not much was done by the so called exco Ronnie and that is the reason why the grass roots were very unhappy.

READ MORE HERE

 

Kredit: www.malaysia-today.net

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Malaysia Today Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved